Emergency service is required when one of the following painful situations take place:
- A tooth is broken or dislodged by trauma, accident or chewing,
- Debilitating tooth ache,
- A broken or dislodged dental appliance.
Left untreated, all of these can lead to tooth loss and emergency hospital visits for pain. Any medical doctor will tell you, however, that the cure for dental problems is a dentist! If you are experiencing a dental emergency near Auburn, the office of Rock Creek Dental is ready to assist you.
Come to our practice at 3205 Professional Drive in Auburn immediately if you undergo any of the above problems. Phone ahead at (530) 823-6456 so we can get ready for your visit. We will put you first in line to see our Auburn dentist, Dr. Matson.
Severe Tooth Ache
A sore tooth is caused by one of many different issues. If a visual examination or intraoral photography does not find the immediate source, x-rays will scan for deeper causes. The source of toothache may include:
- Serious tooth decay, all the way to the root;
- Bacterial infection, creating an abscess;
- Oral cysts, tumors or other abnormalities.
By means of an examination, Dr. Matson will diagnose the issue and then we can proceed to resolve it. Toothaches do not go away by themselves or by taking analgesics. Solving the source of the pain ends your trouble.
Broken Teeth and Appliances
If your tooth, crown, bridge, implant or other appliance has loosened or become dislodged, save the pieces, if possible, and come to our Auburn office immediately. Before you arrive, take the following steps:
- Rinse the tooth or appliance gently using whatever means are available, preferably water, saliva or milk.
- Reattach the tooth or part where it normally belongs. If that’s not possible for a tooth, keep it between your cheek and gum.
- Bite down on a tea bag or wet rag to keep the tooth or appliance in place.
- Hold something cold to your cheek to keep down any swelling.
- Alert our office at (530) 823-6456 and immediately come to see our dentist.
Repairing your tooth is possible with emergency dental service at our nearby Auburn office. We are ready to repair your dental issue and send you back to your comfortable life by providing emergency dentistry from Rock Creek Dental!